CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Abstract Submission Opens: November 20th, 2020
Abstract Submission Deadline: April 30th, 2021
Presenter Notification: June 15th, 2021
You are invited to submit abstracts for poster and/or oral presentation at the World Congress of Intensive & Critical Care, hosted by the Canadian Critical Care Society and the Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses on September 11 to 15, 2020 at the Vancouver Convention Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia.
Please read this Call for Abstracts information carefully before accessing the abstract submission form.
ABSTRACT THEMATIC CATEGORIES
Themes (topics) for each of the sessions are listed below. Please submit your abstract on critical care under one of the following themes:
- Caring about the pathogens
- Caring for our patients
- Caring for our patients’ family
- Caring in extraordinary circumstances
- Caring through innovation
- Caring for ourselves
- Caring for the system
- Caring around the world
The abstract review committee reserves the right to reassign submitted abstracts to a different session.
During the online abstract submission, authors will be requested to select their preferred method of presentation: Oral/Poster Discussion or Poster Display Recording.
Presentation method preferences will be considered during the review process, however it is not guaranteed
Abstracts will undergo a peer-review process. The Abstract Review Committee will assess each abstract based on its adherence to format, scientific merit, and alignment with the overall conference themes. Authors of abstracts selected for presentation will be contacted via email by Tuesday, June 15th, 2021 and invited to present either a Oral/ Poster Discussion or Poster Display at the meeting.
All selected abstracts will be made available to the Conference participants in electronic format, on the conference website.
ABSTRACT FORMATTING GUIDELINES
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when submitting your abstracts for WCICC 2021. Abstracts that are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
- The abstract title should not exceed 300 characters
- The abstracts should not exceed 3600 words
- Abstract can include 1 caption (figure or table) but this is not a requirement.
- Use the mandatory abstract structure below:
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- There is no fee to submit abstract(s)
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically using the official online submission form
- Abstracts must identify the presenting author along with email address and phone number
- Please use standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parenthesis after the full word when it appears for the first time
- Errors, misspellings, and incorrect abbreviations will not be corrected
- An individual may submit more than one (1) abstract. One official online submission is required for each abstract
- Edits to submitted abstracts may be made up to the submission deadline. Instructions for making edits can be found on the submission site.
- Only registered delegates can present their abstract(s).
- Authors can present only one abstract if accepted, if more than one abstract is accepted, a co-author(s) will need to present the other(s).
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
Presenting authors may be notified of their acceptance status on or before June 15th, 2021. Presenting authors must inform any co-author(s) of acceptance. The organizing committee reserves the right to accept or decline any submissions and to select the presentation format (oral or poster).
DISCLOSURE OF CONFLICTS OF INTEREST
The presenting authors of abstracts selected for oral & poster presentation will be required to complete and submit a Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest form after they are invited to present. Disclosures are due on or before the RSVP deadline.
DISCLAIMER REGARDING THE SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
The Conference Organizers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by internet service outages, hardware or software delays, power outages or unforeseen events.
If you have any questions about the abstract submission process, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org