Canadian association of critical care nurses
MISSION, VISION, VALUES
- We engage and inform Canadian critical care nurses through education and networking and provide a strong unified national identity.
- All critical care nurses provide the highest standard of patient and family centred care through an engaging, vibrant, educated and research driven specialised community.
VALUES AND BELIEFS STATEMENT
- Excellence & Leadership: Collaboration and Partnership; Pursuing excellence in education, research and practice
- Dignity & Humanity: Respectful, healing and humane critical care environments; Combining compassion and technology to advocate and promote excellence; Accountability and the courage to speak for our beliefs, and Promoting open and honest relationships
- Integrity & Honesty: Accountability and the courage to speak for our beliefs; and Promoting open and honest relationship
The Canadian Association of Critical Care Nurses (CACCN) is a volunteer organization of Critical Care Nurses. CACCN is the voice for excellence in Canadian critical care nursing. Our shared goal is promote quality patient- and family-centered care for Canadian’s experiencing life threatening illness and injury.
CACCN welcomes all registered nurses, nursing students, allied health professional and other colleagues who are interested in advancing the science and craft of critical illness care.
CACCN structure is composed of a National Board of Directors representing the Eastern, Central and Western regions of the nation with twelve chapters across the country. We are proud of our approximately 1400 strong members who practice in a wide variety of health care settings in Canada, the United States and abroad.
CACCN is a not for profit organization and is an active member of the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) Network of Nursing Specialties and partners with a variety of associations and educational organizations in Canada and around the world.